June 21, 2010

Summer Has Officially Arrived


Over here in NJ it's been in the 90's for the past two days and is supposed to stay that way all week. Hello summer, glad to see ya!

I read in Self Magazine's June 2010 issue last night that you should try to make a list of what you want to do all summer because the three months of heat and laughter is longer than you may think. So here's my list of crazy things I want to do this summer, hopefully I can accomplish a few!
  • camp in Maryland (I've never camped before!)
  • go to the beach 3-4 times
  • visit Red Bank Battlefield in Red Bank, NJ
  • journey to Hoboken, NJ to see Buddy at Carlo's Bakery (loveeee Cake Boss!!!)

  • go to NY and visit some friends

  • go to Princeton and visit some friends

  • check out a Broadway show for cheap

  • see a movie in the park

  • see a band in the park

  • go to the gym at least 3 times a week

  • save money! (how can I do that if I have so many big plans!)

  • go to as many Phillies games as I can afford (which is like...two?)

  • go to Wheaton Village in Millville, NJ

  • view a movie at the Drive-in in Millville, NJ

  • visit the animals in the Philadelphia Zoo and the Cape May Zoo

  • eat at Uncle Bill's in Ocean City or Cape May

  • take Jim to Wildwood for his first visit ever

  • win the lottery (I wish)

  • explore a new amusement park (any suggestions?)
I didn't know my list was going to be SO long. Looks like I better get going! Along with my list of "I wish I could..." I have a list of "What is already planned..." This list includes Disney World; Pittsburgh, PA, to see two Phillies games; and two weddings. Oh yea, and did I mention I start a summer class next week that is four days a week 8:00 to 10:40 AM? And then there's always that job I have....oh Starbucks...you ruin everything. BUT let's not be pessimistic yet! Summer has just begun, and I can see all of the endless possibilities ahead of me.

My tip of the day is to get outside and breathe in the fresh air: take a walk, go for a jog, or even just lay in your yard (mmm our bodies love the sun as long as we apply sunscreen!). And don't forget, drink lots of water! Water is the best drink that your body can have to stay healthy (well, besides wine :oP).

No comments:

Post a Comment